School Plus Foundation aims to be Queensland’s highest quality Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) provider. We are a boutique Not for Profit Organisation focused on seamlessly supporting children and the community in a play based environment which encourages children to “Laugh out loud, learn through play”.
Supporting your school
We support your school through a fully integrated before and after school care program and action packed holiday care that has the flexibility to meet the key requirements of the children, parents and school.
Our emphasis is on mentoring high-quality staff who are committed to the care, safety and happiness of children whilst providing them with the resources and processes to do so expertly.
We aim to create an atmosphere where all children feel comfortable, secure and happy, through fostering high self-esteem and confidence in all students.
At School Plus we place the safety and happiness of our children at the top of our priorities. Research has shown that a parent’s involvement in a child’s education makes a significant contribution to the child’s success at school. For many children this is not limited to 9am to 3pm. Before School Care, After School Care and Vacation Care plays a significant role in shaping the life learning, happiness and wellbeing of each child.
Engaging children and parents
Fun is very important, as is engaging children and their ideas into the program. For this reason, parents and children are invited to regularly contribute to our services through suggestions, meetings, surveys and feedback that guides and informs future initiatives.
School Plus have a number of goals on which our services are based. These goals are based on the outcomes for children as outlined in the ‘My Time, Our Place’ Framework for School Age Care. Our goals are to:
- Provide all children with a safe, secure and inclusive environment where the children demonstrate self-regulation, negotiating and sharing behaviours
- Promote the value of play and recreational activities which meet the developmental needs and interests of all children
- Encourage children to be responsible and show respect to others and their property
- Help children enhance their life skills through appropriate programming
- Teach the children to show self-regulation and manage their emotions in ways that reflect the feelings and needs of others
- Utilise and encourage the use of special skills, expertise and diversity of our families, community and staff members
- Provide a secure and stimulating environment for staff
- Encourage and provide professional development for staff
- Comply with all legislative requirements by providing on-going training and regular service reviews